noun (plural strumae /-mē/)Medicine
- A swelling of the thyroid gland; a goiter.More example sentences
- The most common forms of this variant are struma ovarii and carcinoid in the ovary.
- A 62-year-old white woman underwent right ovary resection that had a pathologic diagnosis of struma ovarii.
- The case of a 38-year-old woman with malignant struma ovarii is described.
mid 16th century (in the Latin sense): modern Latin, from Latin, 'scrofulous tumor'.
More definitions of strumaDefinition of struma in:
- The British & World English dictionary