Definition of style sheet in English:
1 (also style guide) A manual detailing the house style of a particular publisher, publication, etc.
- A resolution was passed suggesting that the ship's newspaper be turned over entirely to scholarly articles printed according to the rules of the MLA stylesheet.
- Even more wonderfully, his natural mode of expression was at odds with that paper's style guide.
- I think the fact that I read the style guide sets me apart from everyone who actually writes for the Express.
2 Computing A type of template file consisting of font and layout settings to give a standardized look to certain documents.
- If a user views an xls file using the XML style sheet, it's quite easy for an attacker to run or call executable code.
- By placing these instructions in a style sheet, the document instance is freed from the burden of carrying format information.
- And again, as always, we can apply a rough style sheet to this document, and slap a bit of mascara on that otherwise unimpressive wall of serifs.
Definition of style sheet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan