Definition of stylistic in English:
Of or concerning style, especially literary style: the stylistic conventions of magazine stories
More example sentences
- Though he is predominantly a satirist, the main stylistic influence on his work is W. H. Auden.
- Rushdie's borrowings from Dante consist of topographical and stylistic devices.
- In addition to vivid imagery, another shared stylistic trait is that of pastiche.
- Example sentences
- Three years ago a student of mine wrote a collection of poems, in what might still be termed the confessional mode, at least stylistically.
- This stylistically dense essay is neo-Marxist in tone and mode of analysis.
- Poets competed with the Qur'an, striving to surpass it stylistically.
Definition of stylistic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan