Definition of stylize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective stylized)
Depict or treat in a mannered and nonrealistic style: gracefully shaped vases decorated with stylized but recognizable white lilies
More example sentences
- It is a highly codified and stylized art form with a rich literature of analysis.
- From a distance Hughes Henge appears to be a simple, stylized image of Stonehenge.
- It has an octagonal medallion within which a highly stylized woman drives a chariot in the clouds.
- Example sentences
- Moderate stylization and antirealism that falls short of true expressionism is sometimes enough to soothe congruous crudity into an effectively intensified sensibility, if the idiom is correct.
- Wilson tends to over-employ directing and storytelling tricks, any one of which would normally overpower this low budget movie with their noticeable artistic stylization.
- Substance has been replaced by ego, appropriation, parody and clichéd stylization.
Definition of stylize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan