- 1A submarine.More example sentences
- Dr Mansell's most notable achievement was his role in establishing the remediation program for the Collins Class submarine and his work with the Navy to bring the subs to operational capability.
- The hulls were ripped off the towed sub during a fierce storm and the submarine sank in 170 metres of water.
- There's a good chance they could fire on one of our own subs if we had submarines looking as well.
- 1.1North American short for submarine sandwich.More example sentences
- I made a silent bet with myself that I would ONLY stop if it were a TURKEY SUB day - subs aren't exactly on my diet.
- Today, I kinda cheated on Lunchquest because I went back to The Goose, where I had a mushroom, peppers, and cheese melt sub, and a cup of coffee, all for £3.50.
- 2A subscription.More example sentences
- My own two boys play with local junior football clubs, where the annual subs are £50 per season, plus at least twice that amount supporting various fund-raising efforts.
- Their joining fee was twice annual subscription up until September last year when they reduced it to the same as annual subs.
- Enjoy it, because an annual sub is a heart-stopping $995 a year, discounted to $695 if you sign up now.
- 3A substitute.More example sentences
- Widening the net, there is a whole football family Robinson christened Paul with enough having played at professional level to field a five-a-side team with two subs.
- The remainder of the game saw the introduction of subs for both teams with Carlow introducing some significant players for next season's campaign.
- In fact on one occasion when Kiltimagh were playing in a 7-a-side in Killasser he brought the whole team plus three subs to the game.
verb (subs, subbing, subbed)[no object] Back to top
- Act as a substitute for someone: he subbed for Scott as weathermanMore example sentences
- Even though I filled in for Gallagher for only one day, while Treason author Ann Coulter subbed for two, I got three times as many emails from listeners about my show as she did about hers - nearly 900.
- As for Brooks, who is very good on the PBS talking head circuit (I subbed for him a few years ago and I was a nervous wreck), more than anything else, I feel sad.
- The DRC's Foreign Minister, Antoine Mangalibi, subbed for Kabila.
More definitions of subDefinition of sub in:
- The British & World English dictionary