- Of or relating to the region immediately north of the Antarctic Circle.More example sentences
- Kelp Gulls are widely distributed in the Southern Hemisphere, breeding in South America, southern Africa, Australia, New Zealand, subantarctic islands, and Antarctic Peninsula.
- As big as a goose and with a six-foot wingspan, the southern giant petrel nests throughout the Antarctic continent (as well as on several subantarctic islands).
- The subantarctic region is characterized by a permanent cold temperature with an annual mean around + 4°C, strong and permanent wind and very high precipitation.
More definitions of subantarcticDefinition of subantarctic in:
- The British & World English dictionary