- 1A secondary or subordinate class.More example sentences
- This percentage was rather variable in proteins that belonged to different secondary structure subclasses.
- The class includes a subclass whose members have claims or defences that raise common issues not shared by all class members.
- You might define a more-general class polygon, which would have triangle as a subclass, along with other subclasses such as quadrilateral, pentagon and hexagon.
- 1.1 Biology A taxonomic category that ranks below class and above order.More example sentences
- Going on down the hierarchy are phylum, subphylum, class, subclass, order, family, genus, species.
- The Russian author of the article in question used it to establish a new subclass, order, family, genus and species.
- There are more than 700 extant species of cephalopods, divided into 2 subclasses, 5 orders, 47 families, and 139 genera.
More definitions of subclassDefinition of subclass in:
- The British & World English dictionary