- Relating to or denoting an artery or vein that serves the neck and arm on the left or right side of the body.More example sentences
- One patient with antiphospholipid antibodies developed a right subclavian and jugular vein thrombosis requiring removal of a Hickman catheter.
- The two possibilities are balloon flotation catheters inserted through the subclavian or jugular vein and semirigid pacing wires through the femoral vein.
- The aortic arch is anchored with the neck vessels including the left subclavian artery, and the descending thoracic aorta is fixed to the thorax by the ligamentum arteriosum and by the intercostal arteries.
More definitions of subclavianDefinition of subclavian in:
- The British & World English dictionary