- Beneath a rib; below the ribs.More example sentences
- The parietal branches include the posterior intercostal, subcostal, and the superior phrenic.
- A tender, fluctuant 8-cm mass was felt in the right upper quadrant, several centimeters inferior to a subcostal scar from a previous open cholecystectomy.
- Nine months after the initial diagnosis, the patient had a second exploratory laparotomy via a bilateral subcostal incision.
More definitions of subcostalDefinition of subcostal in:
- The British & World English dictionary