Definition of suberize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective suberized) Botany
Impregnate (the wall of a plant cell) with suberin: suberized cell walls
More example sentences
- This idea is supported by experiments that showed dye permeation through suberized walls of epidermal cells.
- The surface of the calli and the cut edge of the bark were suberized.
- In its functional role as a relative, not absolute, diffusion barrier for small solutes, the pine nexine resembles suberized and/or cutinized cell walls and Casparian strips.
- Example sentences
- Increased rates of suberization and lignification in the exodermis may lead to a greater resistance to the entry of materials into the root apoplast.
- The roles in defence include oxidation of hydroxy-cinnamyl alcohols into free radical intermediates, phenol oxidation, cross-linking of polysaccharides and of extensin monomers, lignification and suberization.
- These changes have been mostly investigated over a long-term period and are clearly associated with profound anatomical adaptations including the suberization and lignification of cell walls.
Definition of suberize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan