Definition of sublicense in English:
A license granted to a third party by a licensee, extending some rights or privileges that the licensee enjoys.
- Schering has been granted a world-wide exclusive license with the right to grant sublicenses.
- I can't afford to give away irrevocable, royalty-free licenses and sublicenses to anyone!
- Under the agreement with NYU, Pharmacia & Upjohn has obtained an exclusive worldwide license to the technology with the right to sublicense and commercialize resulting products.
verb[with object] Back to top
Grant a sublicense to or for.
- Adopters aren't allowed to sublicense the technology - it's a ‘nontransferable, non-sublicenseable’ specification, which makes it a non-starter for free or open source developers.
- The company retains the right to practice its licensed antisense patent technologies and to sublicense it to collaborators.
- All Products are sublicensed to you and not sold, notwithstanding the use of the terms ‘sell,’ ‘purchase,’ ‘order,’ or ‘buy’ on the Service or in this Agreement.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.