Submerge: pellets were then submersed in agar
More example sentences
- If it's a choice between Sullivan getting his way and submersing my kids in this sort of culture, and Sullivan leaving, then I will bid Sullivan goodbye.
- Our job is to improvise the fifth act by submersing ourselves in the first four acts.
- In his second term, of course, Houdini submersed himself in a padlocked iron cage a mile deep in boiling water and left his fate to a gaggle of witches, a silly young intern, and Inspector Javerts.
Denoting or characteristic of a plant growing entirely underwater. Contrasted with emersed.
- Moreover, when flooding results in complete submergence, and in normally submersed aquatic plants, availability to the shoots of carbon dioxide, light and oxygen typically diminish.
- Similarly, effects of submersed aquatic plants on egg distribution and movement have clear counterparts in the dynamics of seeds, where plants can trap seeds as well as influence their germination success.
- The submersed aquatic plant mermaid weed was collected once in 1997.
Words that rhyme with submerseamerce, asperse, averse, biodiverse, burse, coerce, converse, curse, diverse, Erse, hearse, immerse, intersperse, nurse, perse, perverse, purse, reimburse, terce, terse, transverse, verse, worse
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of submerse in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.