Definition of suborbital in English:
1Situated below or behind the orbit of the eye.
- Peripheral blood was collected using a capillary tube from suborbital veins of 5-to 6-week-old mice.
- The most striking features described by this component are a relative deepening of the suborbital head region, shortening of the caudal peduncle, and a dorsad displacement of the pectoral fin.
- The palatines lie between the suborbital fenestrae, with the anterior palatine processes forming a short V-shaped wedge.
2Of, relating to, or denoting a trajectory that does not complete a full orbit of the earth or other celestial body.
- Less than 10 minutes after lift-off the payload parachuted safely back to Earth, and the suborbital flight was over.
- Through this program, student experiments were selected in January 2002 to fly on either a NASA suborbital sounding rocket in June or a future Space Shuttle mission.
- What kinds of unusual economic trade-offs will future suborbital and orbital spacecraft create?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan