noun (plural subordinaries)Heraldry
- A simple device or bearing that is less common than the ordinaries (e.g., roundel, orle, lozenge).More example sentences
- Among the charges considered by some to be subordinaries and by others to be common charges are the pall and roundle.
- Having read the blazon carefully, we know which ordinaries, subordinaries or charges we have to put in our shield.
- When several subordinaries or other charges appear in a shield, their number & position must be indicated in the blazon.
More definitions of subordinaryDefinition of subordinary in:
- The British & World English dictionary