Definition of suborn in English:
Bribe or otherwise induce (someone) to commit an unlawful act such as perjury: he was accused of conspiring to suborn witnesses
More example sentences
- Could evidence have been led of what the prosecution alleged was an attempt to suborn the witness?
- The potential perjury obstruction of justice and suborning a witness is a sideshow?
- Responsibility entailed either committing the perjury himself; or suborning the perjury; or permitting the court to act on evidence that he knew to have been perjured even though he had not suborned it.
mid 16th century: from Latin subornare 'incite secretly', from sub- 'secretly' + ornare 'equip'.
- Example sentences
- It was about obstruction of justice, subornation of perjury, witness tampering.
- Every person who, by willful perjury or subornation of perjury procures the conviction and execution of any innocent person, is punishable by death or life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
- OK, so then where's the subornation of perjury if somebody handed you an affidavit and said if it's not true, make changes or deletions?
- Example sentences
- He symbolizes the new political aristocracy that includes corporate suborners and media patronizers.
- We can live with a perjurer in the White House, and a suborner of perjury, and an obstructor of justice.
- Blackmailing the suborners gets Harris the money, independence and power he craves.
Words that rhyme with subornadorn, born, borne, bourn, Braun, brawn, corn, dawn, drawn, faun, fawn, forborne, forewarn, forlorn, freeborn, lawn, lorn, morn, mourn, newborn, Norn, outworn, pawn, prawn, Quorn, sawn, scorn, Sean, shorn, spawn, sworn, thorn, thrawn, torn, Vaughan, warn, withdrawn, worn, yawn
Definition of suborn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan