- Referring to credit or loan arrangements for borrowers with a poor credit history, typically having unfavorable conditions such as high interest rates: a coalition of subprime lendersMore example sentences
- He worked in information technology at the bank, which lost money on subprime mortgages.
- Congressional liberals fought for risky subprime loans.
- In 2005, 69 percent of the homes purchased in the tract were bought with subprime mortgages.
More definitions of subprimeDefinition of subprime in:
- The British & World English dictionary