noun (plural subsellia /-ˈselēə/)
- another term for misericord ( sense 1).More example sentences
- Time waits for no man, nor does the court of justice, nor the subsellia of the magistrate.
- The screen and stall work brought from Easby Abbey are of great beauty, and the carvings on the subsellia are quaint and humorous.
- T'Llaiah, the third daughter of Slevibh, was perched upon the cold, stone, subsellium in the ancestral estate's succulent garden.
Latin, from sub- 'secondary' + sella 'seat'.
More definitions of subselliumDefinition of subsellium in:
- The British & World English dictionary