- 1A sequence contained in or forming part of another sequence.More example sentences
- These scoring matrices are combined with algorithmic procedures, usually based on dynamic programming, to extract subsequences from the targets that best match the class libraries.
- Collinearity was assessed by computing the longest common subsequence of gene pairs.
- Transcription factors are proteins that bind to a subsequence of the DNA before a gene and encourage the start of transcription.
- 1.1 Mathematics A sequence derived from another by the omission of a number of terms.More example sentences
- This is called Zeckendorf's theorem, and the subsequence of Fibonacci numbers which add up to a given integer is called its Zeckendorf representation.
- This sequence contains various increasing subsequences, such as 5 6 9 or 1 3 6 7 8.
- In 1929 he published a mathematics paper in which he constructed an infinite sequence of 0's and 1's with no three identical consecutive subsequences of any length.