Definition of subset in English:
1A part of a larger group of related things.
- A common response of roots to anoxia is the synthesis of a subset of anaerobic proteins related to the glycolytic and fermentation pathways.
- Also, random selection of CDs would only work on a subset of contiguous disks.
- Liberal, conservative, New Right - they're all exercises in descriptive creativity with distinct subsets within them.
1.1 Mathematics A set of which all the elements are contained in another set.
- This places different demands on the problem solver in connecting it to the two given subsets, the superset, and the set solicited in the final sentence for finding an answer.
- The problems in this study were part-part-whole problems in which subsets combine to form supersets.
- Then homogenize: randomly permute rows and columns within the subsets that have equal totals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan