Definition of subshrub in English:
A dwarf shrub, especially one that is woody only at the base.
- All are tropical or subtropical shrubs or subshrubs (a somewhat woody plant sometimes grown and used as a shrub or perennial).
- The plants of this subgenus are shrubs, subshrubs, perennial or annual herbs, and have a worldwide distribution.
- Three are narrowly endemic to the Lake Wales Ridge (Liatris ohlingerae, Polygonella myriophylla, and Prunus geniculata), nine are herbs, two are shrubs and one is a woody prostrate subshrub.
- Example sentences
- The species in this section are subshrubby with the stems being woody or succulent at the base.
- Within typical groups of the shrubby and subshrubby stratum, representatives of families of eudicots are common.
- This form is a mat-former with somewhat broader leaves than the somewhat subshrubby expression with rather linear leaves found at lower elevations from east-central Washington to east-central Oregon.
Definition of subshrub in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan