Definition of subshrub in English:
A dwarf shrub, especially one that is woody only at the base.
- All are tropical or subtropical shrubs or subshrubs (a somewhat woody plant sometimes grown and used as a shrub or perennial).
- The plants of this subgenus are shrubs, subshrubs, perennial or annual herbs, and have a worldwide distribution.
- Three are narrowly endemic to the Lake Wales Ridge (Liatris ohlingerae, Polygonella myriophylla, and Prunus geniculata), nine are herbs, two are shrubs and one is a woody prostrate subshrub.
- Example sentences
- The species in this section are subshrubby with the stems being woody or succulent at the base.
- Within typical groups of the shrubby and subshrubby stratum, representatives of families of eudicots are common.
- This form is a mat-former with somewhat broader leaves than the somewhat subshrubby expression with rather linear leaves found at lower elevations from east-central Washington to east-central Oregon.
Definition of subshrub in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.