Provide evidence to support or prove the truth of: they had found nothing to substantiate the allegations
More example sentences
- Following the pattern of the previous section, evidence will be provided substantiating the veracity of the themes of the argument.
- Yet the IGIS inquiry has provided no evidence to substantiate this conclusion.
- Journalists try to substantiate allegations with other evidence, but this isn't always possible.
mid 17th century: from medieval Latin substantiat- 'given substance', from the verb substantiare.
- More example sentences
- It was also, clearly enough, a matter about which he was vitally concerned, given that it involved the possible corroboration and substantiation of the matters that he had already said all that he needed to say on the matter.
- Before distributing or submitting a marketing communication for publication, marketers must hold documentary evidence to prove all claims, whether direct or implied, that are capable of objective substantiation.
- This utilitarian consideration is arguably unfair and disrespectful of persons, and needs further factual substantiation.