- A strain of a virus derived from another strain.More example sentences
- During treatment the substrains with the steepest kill curve will disappear first.
- This conclusion might be limited to the substrains that were used in Chubb's article.
- Experiments with "knockout" mice, substrains with specific genes subtracted from their genome, have made it easier to decipher how the many cytokines contribute to immune cell maturation.
More definitions of substrainDefinition of substrain in:
- The British & World English dictionary