Definition of substructure in English:
An underlying or supporting structure.
- The roof rests on a glulam substructure supported on concrete posts with glass panels fixed to hollow steel sections.
- Almost 300 fragments of plaster casts of ancient statuary were excavated in a cellar-like area forming the substructure of a hall or terrace within the great bath complex at Baiae, the Roman seaside resort near Naples.
- Soil compaction is common in civil engineering practice mainly in highway and rail road works, run ways, earth dams, sanitary landfills and backfilling of excavations for substructures and retaining walls.
- Example sentences
- The principal difference between the classical view and the substructural view of chromosome differentiation is that the gross linear order of gene loci may remain unaltered in substructurally differentiated genomes.
- By a fortunate coincidence, the interest in algebraic structures related to substructural logics is also undergoing a revival among algebraists.
- Moreover, the class of distributive substructural logics includes many of important non-classical logics like superintuitionistic logics, many-valued logics and fuzzy logics.
Definition of substructure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan