Definition of subtropics in English:
plural noun(the subtropics)
The regions adjacent to or bordering on the tropics.
- My favourite subjects are exotic birds, bold flowers and the lush plantlife of the tropics and the subtropics.
- These bats are found in the Old World tropics and subtropics: Central Africa, South Asia, the Malay region, Philippines and Australia.
- Rosella seedlings are available through local nurseries from September onwards in the subtropics or during the dry season in tropical regions.
- Example sentences
- During the winter, American Redstarts inhabit a variety of tropical and subtropical lowland wooded habitats.
- At tropical and subtropical latitudes, summer monsoon rains bathed the continent's east coast.
- This watery region is a meeting of subtropical and temperate zones.
Words that rhyme with subtropicsHendrix
Definition of subtropics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia