The regions adjacent to or bordering on the tropics.
More example sentences
- My favourite subjects are exotic birds, bold flowers and the lush plantlife of the tropics and the subtropics.
- These bats are found in the Old World tropics and subtropics: Central Africa, South Asia, the Malay region, Philippines and Australia.
- Rosella seedlings are available through local nurseries from September onwards in the subtropics or during the dry season in tropical regions.
- More example sentences
- During the winter, American Redstarts inhabit a variety of tropical and subtropical lowland wooded habitats.
- At tropical and subtropical latitudes, summer monsoon rains bathed the continent's east coast.
- This watery region is a meeting of subtropical and temperate zones.
Definition of subtropics in:
- The British & World English dictionary