- A mammal of a diverse group that probably evolved from primitive ungulates, comprising the elephants, hyraxes, sirenians, and perhaps the aardvark.More example sentences
- Sirenians are members of the group known as subungulates, thought to be distantly related to hyraxes, elephants, and perhaps, artiodactyls and perissodactyls.
- They are classified as ‘subungulates’ and believed to be related to hyraxes and sirenians.
- In this edition, the subungulates are considered to include only the orders Proboscidea, Hyracoidea, and Sirenia.
More definitions of subungulateDefinition of subungulate in:
- The British & World English dictionary