1North American An underground electric railroad.
- The subway and light railway can transport people to every corner of the city quickly.
- In 10 years time, the system will comprise 16 subways and six light railways.
- All ten of us were present and accounted for as we went down into the subway station for our next ride.
2British A tunnel under a road for use by pedestrians.
- According to the 1996 Highway Road Humps Regulations they must not be built on or within 25 metres of bridges, subways, culverts or tunnels.
- The BMTC terminus with a pedestrian subway for safety will also have shops and toilets.
- Alternatively, never walk on street level - always in subways or on pedestrian bridges.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.