Following one another or following others: they were looking for their fifth successive win
More example sentences
- York will be bidding for a third successive win following victories at Hull and at home to Horden last week.
- The following centuries saw the successive rise and fall of new civilisations.
- They are in a strong position this term, however, having clocked up eight successive wins.
- Example sentences
- For in all change there is successiveness, one part coming after another, and from our numbering antecedent and consequent parts of change there arises the notion of time, which is simply the numberedness of before and after in change.
- This inadequacy is partly inherent in the fact that our terms and categories belong to discourse taken from this world of space, time, and successiveness.
- This is a successiveness that becomes real only when the succession is completed.
Words that rhyme with successiveaggressive, compressive, concessive, degressive, depressive, digressive, excessive, expressive, impressive, obsessive, oppressive, possessive, progressive, recessive, regressive, repressive, retrogressive, transgressive
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.