Definition of succinic acid in English:
A crystalline organic acid which occurs in living tissue as an intermediate in glucose metabolism.
- Like these two principal grape acids, pure succinic acid is a white crystalline solid that is very soluble in water and alcoholic water solutions such as wine.
- This alcohol was then conjugated to one of the COOH groups of succinic acid, forming an ester linkage.
- Cells were then washed twice with distilled water and incubated further for 5 hr in an equal volume of yeast extract-peptone media containing 2% (w/v) glycerol and 1% succinic acid.
- Example sentences
- In fact, it has been shown that anaerobic-tolerant plants can produce various metabolites, such as alanine, succinate, aminobutyrate, and malate, as fermentation end-products.
- Addition of succinate induced polarization of the inner membrane followed by rapid and transient depolarizations.
- Succinyl CoA is cleaved by succinyl CoA synthetase to release succinate.
Definition of succinic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia