- 1An unweaned animal, especially a calf.More example sentences
- Slow sucklers need longer feeds; when schedulers restrict this time, the slower-feeding baby is out of luck.
- 1.1A cow used to breed and suckle calves for beef.More example sentences
- A new site is also being developed to which the suckler cow herd and breeding unit will shortly move.
- The 50-year-old is currently establishing a beef suckler herd after diversifying from milk production last July.
- The tea garden and craftwork provide additional income for the family farm, where the Eddons run a herd of beef suckler cattle.
More definitions of sucklerDefinition of suckler in:
- The British & World English dictionary