Definition of suds in English:
1.1North American informal Beer.
- All tickets are still priced under $10 and there's plenty of buzz to be had with your suds in the centrally-located beer tent.
- The bottle is made of heavier-gauge aluminum than a standard beer can, so it keeps the suds colder longer.
- He was once a part-owner of the Minnesota Vikings and owned a piece of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer during an era when microbrews were playing taps all over the name-brand suds.
verb[with object] chiefly North American Back to top
1.1 [no object] Form suds: soft baby soap that sudsed
More example sentences
- Do not put any other cleaning compound inside dishwasher, as it may suds and interfere with dish washing action.
- The Drano, however, managed to get into the tub as well as in the drain and when I flushed 15 minutes later with hot water, the water in the tub was sudsing.
- His father asked him to run a project in the petro-chemical industry, producing LAB, a sudsing agent for the detergent industry.
- Example sentences
- Residents who live along the banks of Deep Cove's Parkside Creek woke up to a sudsy shock last Friday morning - billowing soap bubbles that foamed over a foot high in the creek.
- When freed of the sudsy water, rinsed, and toweled off, she launched into a joyful frenzy of rolling in the grass, her newly bleached fur glistening in the sunlight.
- As the water tumbles over the huge boulders forming a great cloak of foam, the dorsal fins of the salmon along their blue/black backs pierce the sudsy water like an emerging submarine.
Words that rhyme with sudsbackwoods • soapsuds
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan