Definition of suds in English:
1.1North American informal Beer.
- All tickets are still priced under $10 and there's plenty of buzz to be had with your suds in the centrally-located beer tent.
- The bottle is made of heavier-gauge aluminum than a standard beer can, so it keeps the suds colder longer.
- He was once a part-owner of the Minnesota Vikings and owned a piece of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer during an era when microbrews were playing taps all over the name-brand suds.
verb[with object] chiefly North American Back to top
1.1 [no object] Form suds: soft baby soap that sudsed
More example sentences
- Do not put any other cleaning compound inside dishwasher, as it may suds and interfere with dish washing action.
- The Drano, however, managed to get into the tub as well as in the drain and when I flushed 15 minutes later with hot water, the water in the tub was sudsing.
- His father asked him to run a project in the petro-chemical industry, producing LAB, a sudsing agent for the detergent industry.
- Example sentences
- Residents who live along the banks of Deep Cove's Parkside Creek woke up to a sudsy shock last Friday morning - billowing soap bubbles that foamed over a foot high in the creek.
- When freed of the sudsy water, rinsed, and toweled off, she launched into a joyful frenzy of rolling in the grass, her newly bleached fur glistening in the sunlight.
- As the water tumbles over the huge boulders forming a great cloak of foam, the dorsal fins of the salmon along their blue/black backs pierce the sudsy water like an emerging submarine.
Words that rhyme with sudsbackwoods • soapsuds
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.