Definition of sugar maple in English:
A North American maple, from the sap of which maple sugar and maple syrup are made. Also called rock maple.
- Acer saccharum, family Aceraceae
- They say that the principal tree is the one that gives of its blood for our enjoyment; that's maple syrup from the sugar maple.
- You'll notice indicators of this season, such as the blooming of cornelian cherry and sugar maple.
- Walnut trees can also grow in small groups or as scattered specimens mixed with American elm, hackberry, boxelder, sugar maple, green and white ash, basswood, red oak, and hickory.
Definition of sugar maple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan