(also sugar bird)
Definition of sugarbird in English:
1A southern African songbird with a long fine bill and very long tail, feeding on nectar and insects.
- Genus Promerops, family Promeropidae (or Meliphagidae): two species
- The recent discovery of blood parasites in South African sugarbirds, identical to those present in Australian honey-eaters and never previously recorded on the African continent, was revolutionary.
- And if the poison is killing sugarbirds, it will kill sunbirds and any other pollinators such as insects.
- A single sugarbird can visit and potentially pollinate as many as 300 protea flowers in one day.
Definition of sugarbird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan