- 1Tending to suggest an idea: there were various suggestive pieces of evidenceMore example sentences
- Another suggestive piece of evidence is comparison with dogs that remain on the other side of the long vanished Asia-North America land connection.
- The regulations adopted in Shanghai will provide suggestive ideas for national AIDS legislation.
- Both nonspecialists and specialists in Tillich's theology will find here ideas suggestive for contemporary teaching and preaching.
- 1.1Indicative or evocative: flavors suggestive of coffee and blackberryMore example sentences
- These indications were suggestive of six previous hybridization events between the two native carnivores.
- Diagnostic genetic testing refers to the use of a gene test in a patient who has symptoms suggestive of Huntington's disease, with or without a family history.
- Electrolyte levels should be monitored, and patients should report any signs or symptoms suggestive of electrolyte imbalance.
- 1.2Making someone think of sex and sexual relationships: a suggestive remarkMore example sentences
- A driver who left a woman passenger terror stricken when he drove her past her home also lost his licence, as did a driver who made sexually suggestive remarks to a passenger.
- She describes these rages as often provoked by strangers on the street who whistle at her or make some sexually suggestive remark.
- Explicitly sexual lyrics and suggestive dancing have sparked scathing newspaper columns and local judges have banned minors from attending the dances.
- More example sentences
- His boss can take even a hackneyed phrase and let it dangle suggestively in the air until a dozen meanings reveal themselves.
- Ghuroub, a suggestively Buddhist-like land, is where Fattouma meets a holy man who tries to prepare him for the journey to Gebel.
- Apparently nothing says mobile business data services like two hot chicks suggestively gazing into a cellphone.
- More example sentences
- Many of the pictures here failed to be included in the calendars simply because they crossed a subtle line - one that went beyond suggestiveness into the realm of erotica.
- Indeed, the lines of his drawings are often minimal and suggestive, forcing the viewer to focus on the object to imagine the undrawn lines; their very suggestiveness creates essence.
- Clifton thinks it is because burlesque offers ‘the kind of suggestiveness that women appreciate.’