- Unique: the sui generis nature of animalsMore example sentences
- Nonetheless, these concerns continue to animate opposition to the concept of sui generis protection.
- It prescribed a new status for New Caledonia, which is today a sui generis Collectivity and no longer a Territory.
- Our fingerprints and faces tell us we are each ‘sui generis,’ although most of us were raised to conform to, and fit into, a social structure, rather than being encouraged to discover and display our distinctive gifts.
Latin, literally 'of its own kind'.
More definitions of sui generisDefinition of sui generis in:
- The British & World English dictionary