A case with a handle and a hinged lid, used for carrying clothes and other personal possessions.
- Every year she travels to Israel to visit her son and takes a huge suitcase packed with baby clothes to the hospital.
- Fathers carry small children, while other men carry suitcases and plastic bags.
- I was offered so many chances to buy contraband cigars I'd have needed extra suitcases to carry them away.
noun (plural suitcasefuls)
- Example sentences
- When I go to another country I always travel with a suitcaseful of extra things to give to Jews who can use them.
- Cameras are smuggled by the suitcaseful from all over the former Soviet Union, to deal with an ever growing demand.
- As the Preface explains, this ‘Autobiography’ of Mary Buckler was pieced together by her youngest son Bryan out of a suitcaseful of papers which he had retrieved from her effects.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.