A case with a handle and a hinged lid, used for carrying clothes and other personal possessions.
More example sentences
- Every year she travels to Israel to visit her son and takes a huge suitcase packed with baby clothes to the hospital.
- Fathers carry small children, while other men carry suitcases and plastic bags.
- I was offered so many chances to buy contraband cigars I'd have needed extra suitcases to carry them away.
- More example sentences
- When I go to another country I always travel with a suitcaseful of extra things to give to Jews who can use them.
- Cameras are smuggled by the suitcaseful from all over the former Soviet Union, to deal with an ever growing demand.
- As the Preface explains, this ‘Autobiography’ of Mary Buckler was pieced together by her youngest son Bryan out of a suitcaseful of papers which he had retrieved from her effects.
Pronunciation: /-ˌfo͝ol/noun (plural suitcasefuls)