noun (plural sulci /ˈsəlˌsī, -ˌsē/)Anatomy
- A groove or furrow, especially one on the surface of the brain.More example sentences
- Common findings on brain imaging include enlarged ventricles, widened cortical sulci, and cerebral, cerebellar, or brain stem atrophy.
- Cortical tubers, or benign potato-like growths, appear along the gyri and sulci in the brain.
- Conversion of the obturator sulcus into a bony foramen has been reported.
mid 17th century: from Latin, 'furrow, wrinkle'.
More definitions of sulcusDefinition of sulcus in:
- The British & World English dictionary