(chiefly British also sulphamic acid)
Definition of sulfamic acid in English:
A strongly acid crystalline compound used in cleaning agents and to make weed killers.
- The R1 working reagent contains 85 mmol / L of sodium acetate buffer, 110 mmol / L of sulfamic acid, surfactant, and ‘solubilizer.’
- When the calcite was dissolved with dilute sulfamic acid, it was noted that white semitranslucent florets of datolite occurred on the crystalline copper.
- It wasn't until a few days later, when the copper specimens had been cleaned in a sulfamic acid solution, that we realized what we had found.
- Example sentences
- The aliphatic sulfamates are novel compounds and are useful in the control of fertility in male animals.
- In addition, ancorinazole, an indolo [3,2-a] carbazole also possessing sulfamate and sulfate groups, was isolated from two separate New Zealand collections of Ancorina sp.
- Most of the new sulfamates inhibited the enzymatic hydrolysis of estrone sulfate in MDA-MB 231 breast cancer cells with IC 50 values between 2 nM and 1 mcM.
Definition of sulfamic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.