(chiefly British also sulphuric)
- Containing sulfur or sulfuric acid: the sulfuric byproducts of wood firesMore example sentences
- Too much of one of the compounds may result in unwanted bitter, rancid, or sulfuric tastes.
- Hard coat anodizing should not be confused with sulfuric anodizing, which places a very thin coating of aluminum oxide on the surface of the aluminum surface.
- His case was that chloroform was a safer form of anaesthetic than sulphuric ether, which had been tried out in Boston in 1846.
late 18th century: from French sulfurique, from Latin (as sulfur).
See sulfur (usage).
More definitions of sulfuricDefinition of sulfuric in:
- The British & World English dictionary