- 1A small, light brown, seedless raisin used in foods such as puddings and cakes.More example sentences
- A few varieties are grown to produce raisins, sultanas, and currants.
- Soak the saffron and raisins or sultanas in 2 tbsp boiling water and set aside.
- See also currants, lexias, muscatels, sultanas, and raisins for specific sorts of dried grape.
- 2A wife or concubine of a sultan.More example sentences
- When al-Musta'sim, the Abbasid caliph, opposed her reign, the sultana abdicated and married Aybek.
- From this point onward, the future sultana steadily gained influence in the sultan's eyes.
- For example, in order to control her second husband, the sultana had to kill him.
More definitions of sultanaDefinition of sultana in:
- The British & World English dictionary