nounchiefly North American
- Theatrical productions by a repertory company organized for the summer season, especially at vacation resorts or in a suburban area.More example sentences
- Though she was already an admired concert artist, McGovern made her Broadway bow with next to no theatrical experience, save for one week of summer stock in The Sound of Music.
- Smith wrote features for several newspapers and read plays for theater projects while she acted in summer stock productions.
- I did a lot of theatre in high school, as a member of drama class, the Thespians, and community theatre, plus I played summer stock the summers after junior and senior year.
More definitions of summer stockDefinition of summer stock in:
- The British & World English dictionary