(also Malayan sun bear)
Definition of sun bear in English:
A small mainly nocturnal bear that has a brownish-black coat with a light-colored mark on the chest, native to Southeast Asia.
- Helarctos malayanus, family Ursidae
- The lineages leading to the remaining species - the brown bear the black bear the sun bear and the sloth bear - first became distinct 5-7 M.Y.B.P.
- So, as Sun Hean translated, we asked our hosts, ‘Is the animal a sun bear or a moon bear?’
- There was also difficulty when a confiscation team was going to confiscate a sun bear owned by Alfred, who was then running an ‘animal show’ in Sleman.
Definition of sun bear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan