(also Malayan sun bear)
- A small mainly nocturnal bear that has a brownish-black coat with a light-colored mark on the chest, native to Southeast Asia.
More example sentences
- Helarctos malayanus, family Ursidae
- The lineages leading to the remaining species - the brown bear the black bear the sun bear and the sloth bear - first became distinct 5-7 M.Y.B.P.
- So, as Sun Hean translated, we asked our hosts, ‘Is the animal a sun bear or a moon bear?’
- There was also difficulty when a confiscation team was going to confiscate a sun bear owned by Alfred, who was then running an ‘animal show’ in Sleman.
More definitions of sun bearDefinition of sun bear in:
- The British & World English dictionary