verb[with object] (usually as adjective sun-dried)
- Dry (something, especially food) in the sun, as opposed to using artificial heat: sun-dried tomatoesMore example sentences
- Extra virgin olive oil from Italy, roasted peppers from Tagaytay, organic garlic from the health store, sun-dried tomatoes from my mother's garden in Tagaytay.
- The grapes are sun-dried, which gives it quite a different flavour to your usual dessert wine. This is an ancient method and delivers a fortified flavour with a gentle acidity.
- Her focaccia bread was soft and chewy and had pieces of olive and sun-dried tomato in it.
More definitions of sun-dryDefinition of sun-dry in:
- The British & World English dictionary