Definition of sun spider in English:
A fast-moving predatory arachnid with a pair of massive vertical pincers (chelicerae). Sun spiders live chiefly in warm deserts, many are active by day, and some grow to a large size.
- Order Solifugae (or Solpugida)
- A burrowing insect, the sun spider thrives in the high desert environment and is attracted by light.
- A recently discovered intertidal, poisonous species of the sun spider burrows just above the high tide.
- The small sun spiders are active only at night, while the adults are more active at night but will also hunt and move around in daylight hours.
Definition of sun spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan