- On Sunday night there had been a long group discussion about what makes a great trainer.
- Mr Haigh said a couple had knocked on his door on Sunday evening asking him if he had lost a camera.
- On Sunday, the second in the series of car boot sales at Gigg Lane was a resounding success.
adverbchiefly North American
- All festival events, activities and contests still will take place Sunday at the same times they had been scheduled for today.
- Childrens multiethnic dance performances will be presented tonight and Saturday, and professional dance teams from Latin America, the Middle East, Spain, Russia, Armenia and the U.S. will appear Sunday.
- Three players on the Air Force women's tennis team wrapped up play Sunday at the CU Invitational in Boulder, Colorado.
- Services take place Sundays at 1:30 pm in the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Although there is every possibility that folks will be bored and want to play odd games, the regular, reliable game will be Sundays at 4pm.
- During the school year I work Saturdays, so I have to play Sundays.
Our names for days of the week are based on translations of Latin terms: days of the week in ancient Rome were named after the planets, a category which at that time was considered to include the sun and moon (after which Monday was named)
Old English Sunnandæg 'day of the sun', translation of Latin dies solis; compare with Dutch zondag and German Sonntag.
Words that rhyme with SundayMonday, sundae
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.