verb[with object] literary
Split apart: the crunch of bone when it is sundered
More example sentences
- But the process is apparently irreversible and non-renewable, and so if physical strain sunders the fibril bonds, tearing the tendon, it is impossible to reform them, at least in living tissue.
- Alienated from truthful knowledge, and unable to trust perceptual data without supplementary information, the individual is sundered from the world.
- They are simply sundered, and to bridge them is a task, not a gift.
- Apart or into pieces: hew their bones in sunder!More example sentences
- And the car passes over them, and crushes them, and cuts them in sunder, and so they perish on the spot.
- He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
Late Old English sundrian; related to German sondern.
Words that rhyme with sunderasunder, blunder, chunder, hereunder, plunder, rotunda, thereunder, thunder, under, up-and-under, wonder
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.