- 1A lamp emitting ultraviolet rays used as a substitute for sunlight, typically to produce an artificial suntan or in therapy.More example sentences
- They exposed the vulnerable mice - those with their own Langerhans cells - to ultraviolet light using a sunlamp.
- Patients also should be warned to minimize exposure to sunlight or sunlamps, since this may increase the intensity of the inflammatory reaction.
- Therefore, patients should avoid exposure to sunlight and sunlamps, tanning beds and treatment with UVA or UVB light.
- 2A large lamp with a parabolic reflector used in filmmaking.More example sentences
- ‘To meet him was like suddenly coming under a sunlamp, such was the quality of his magnetism,’ Jones wrote.
More definitions of sunlampDefinition of sunlamp in:
- The British & World English dictionary