Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of sunray pleats in English:
Widening pleats radiating out from a skirt’s waistband.
- My clothes are gorgeous including a white satin evening gown with sunray pleats and some loose, very feminine culottes.
- She showed off her clever construction and tailoring skills with delicate ruching and sunray pleats and sleeves that had been delicately gathered to create just the right amount of puff.
- I remember trying on one with the sunray pleats and I looked like the side of a house.
- Example sentences
- It's an empress-style dress with sequined bodice and a lean silk drop, sunray-pleated to emphasise elegant posture.
- The underdress, in an orange-shot-gold vintage silk taffeta was constructed using layers of sharply sunray-pleated panels heavily decorated with antique beads.
- It was constructed with layers of sharply sunray-pleated panels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.