Definition of sunscreen in English:
1A cream or lotion rubbed onto the skin to protect it from the sun.
- They buy bottled water if they fear that their drinking water is polluted, and they apply sunscreen to protect their skin from UV radiation.
- He, along with several other employees, collected beef jerky, gum, shaving cream, shampoo, deodorant, bug spray, sunscreen, DVDs and CDs.
- Only 54 percent wear some sort of sunscreen during the summer, and 84 percent believe protection is necessary only if they intend to be outside ‘for a long period of time.’
1.1An active ingredient in creams, lotions and other preparations for the skin.
- Some hair care products will have sunscreens in the form of actual ingredients, but will not have an SPF factor added.
- The line is rich in strengthening proteins and an anti-fade complex that includes UVA / UVB sunscreens and antioxidants.
Words that rhyme with sunscreenfluorine • helleborine
Definition of sunscreen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.