Definition of sunscreen in English:
1A cream or lotion rubbed onto the skin to protect it from the sun.
- They buy bottled water if they fear that their drinking water is polluted, and they apply sunscreen to protect their skin from UV radiation.
- He, along with several other employees, collected beef jerky, gum, shaving cream, shampoo, deodorant, bug spray, sunscreen, DVDs and CDs.
- Only 54 percent wear some sort of sunscreen during the summer, and 84 percent believe protection is necessary only if they intend to be outside ‘for a long period of time.’
1.1An active ingredient in creams, lotions and other preparations for the skin.
- Some hair care products will have sunscreens in the form of actual ingredients, but will not have an SPF factor added.
- The line is rich in strengthening proteins and an anti-fade complex that includes UVA / UVB sunscreens and antioxidants.
Definition of sunscreen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan