Definition of superadd in English:
verb[with object] rare
Add (something) to what has already been added: (as adjective superadded) the presence of superadded infection by bacteria
More example sentences
- If an essence becomes actual only in virtue of something else - viz. existence - being superadded to it, then what gives existence its reality, and so on ad infinitum?
- If sickness or some of those casualties which are perpetually incident to an active and laborious life, be superadded to these burthens, the distress is yet greater.
- This nature, however, is not something superadded to things from outside, like an accident, but conjoined with their substances.
- Example sentences
- With all the formalities, conventionalisms, and superadditions that Zen has accumulated in its long history, its central fact is very much alive.
- The apparatus consists of a camera obscura with the superaddition of an engraving power: in lieu of the white disc on which the moving picture of external objects is reflected by the rays of light, a metal plate is substituted, covered with a particular coating, on which the light forms the image by its action thereon.
Definition of superadd in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan