Definition of superadd in English:
verb[with object] rare
Add (something) to what has already been added: (as adjective superadded) the presence of superadded infection by bacteria
More example sentences
- If an essence becomes actual only in virtue of something else - viz. existence - being superadded to it, then what gives existence its reality, and so on ad infinitum?
- If sickness or some of those casualties which are perpetually incident to an active and laborious life, be superadded to these burthens, the distress is yet greater.
- This nature, however, is not something superadded to things from outside, like an accident, but conjoined with their substances.
- Example sentences
- With all the formalities, conventionalisms, and superadditions that Zen has accumulated in its long history, its central fact is very much alive.
- The apparatus consists of a camera obscura with the superaddition of an engraving power: in lieu of the white disc on which the moving picture of external objects is reflected by the rays of light, a metal plate is substituted, covered with a particular coating, on which the light forms the image by its action thereon.
Definition of superadd in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.