noun[usually as modifier]
- 1Regular payment made into a fund by an employee toward a future pension: a superannuation fundMore example sentences
- Apart from the collection, pooling and investment of contributor funds, superannuation funds also facilitate the flow of capital from surplus units to deficit units in modern capitalist economies.
- They would offer an interest rate that would be guaranteed by the government, say 5% or 6%, and superannuation funds would invest in those bonds.
- The legislation cannot apply to certain state superannuation funds because they are protected from revenue measures under the constitution.
- 1.1A superannuation pension paid to a retired person.More example sentences
- It has to contend with a growing number of people in retirement and a smaller number of taxpayers left to cover the cost of superannuation and other retiree-related expenses, such as health care.
- As of February 1996, some 6 months after separation, he became entitled to superannuation, by virtue of that disability.
- We need to raise retirement ages and means test for superannuation and put some rights and responsibilities back in the hands of the people.
More definitions of superannuationDefinition of superannuation in:
- The British & World English dictionary